Florida School of the Arts holds one graduation ceremony per year at the end of the Summer A term.
Our students may also participate in a graduation ceremony at St. Johns River State College. Those ceremonies are held twice a year, one at the end of each spring and fall term.
Students must apply to Graduate.
Students should be aware of the graduation requirements. These include the core curriculum, payment of all fees, and any work required in special programs. It is the student’s responsibility to determine the courses necessary for transfer to any upper-division college or university and to meet any program-specific courses required by those upper division programs. Students should see an advisor prior to submitting a graduation application.
To begin the application process students should take the following steps:
- Complete a graduation application for each degree and/or certificate. (No fee).
- Fulfill all obligations, financial and other, to the College.
- All graduates are encouraged to attend the ceremony. Florida School of the Arts provides caps and gowns for graduates to use and return.
- For subsequent graduations, prospective graduates must still apply to graduate.
When processing your application for graduation, the following graduation requirements will be reviewed:
- Completion of the required courses and number of credits.
- 25% residency requirement mandated by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. (Students must have earned a minimum of 25% of the credits toward their degree at SJR State/Florida School of the Arts.)